Project overview and aims
This project has the main objective to create of a European online virtual and blended (hybrid) industrial design studio culture considering and integrating different technological and pedagogical aspects that would correspond with the outcomes of the practices of physical world design culture. It also sets on the following goals:
• Establishment of a sustainable transnational European Virtual Industrial Design Studio with the participation three European Universities with a new holistic approach (TR, PT, ES) including active learning.
• Creation and/or integration of a virtual material lab and virtual mechanisms and production methods workshop to facilitate the usage of correct data is needed to establish the relationships in problem solving, basing on the experience gained, production of a guide for virtual industrial design studios intended for the sustainability of the results (design educators creating distance design curricula, learning designs and courses).
• Integration of the individual augmented reality design solutions for humanising the proposed industrial design concepts.
• Integration of a new instant and rubric evaluation method for proper assessment of the industrial design phases of the transnational student teams.
• production of a guide for virtual industrial design studios intended for the sustainability of the results Specifically, the project seeks to improve students’ virtual industrial design competency by fostering the development of studio design skills through qualified and well-equipped educational approaches.